Friday, June 21, 2013

Drawing 1 - Summer Class

Summer has hit Las Vegas ... and the temperatures never slow creep up, they seem ti openly blast from the 80s to the 100s.  The transition is never easy and always a bit of surprise .... yes, now I remember how hot the desert can be.

Last weekend I traveled with three friends to St. George, Utah to take a class from Marilyn Badger.  The class as well as the company were great.  I learned that free motion stitching following a line is a lot more difficult then free motion following an idea.

As a love of the stitch, especially free motion, I have found that I needed to learn how to draw to increase my ability to get the effects wanted for my work.  The community college offered a Drawing one class which meets fours days a week, four hours a day for six weeks.  What a wonderful intense experience. The instructor offers a variety of ways to improve skills and also generously offers class critiques for improvement.  I feel like I am growing by leaps and bounds.  It is like taking a six week intensive workshop and all for a minimum cost.  My drawing skills are better than I thought they would be and not as good as I would like then to be. They are improving daily ;-)

Here are some samples of work completed in week two and three.




No comments:

Post a Comment