Monday, April 11, 2016

Enso II - SAQA Juried Acceptance


Happily my latest work, Enos II (originally called The View), won a first place ribbon in the non-representational category at our local quilt show.  After the show, I asked an art professor, my current water color professor, Alfonso Lirani, at CSN to critique the design. With the attuned eye of an artist he talked about the design elements of the piece.  From the critque one change was made. While the change may seem minor it was critical to the balance and movement of the entire design. With the one revision, the overall quilt reads better. I recommend all artists seek out critiques from trusted sources.  I feel that critiquing my work can only make me a better artist while providing an other point of view. I am blessed to work and live in a community of artists.

To my great surprise and honor, Enso II has been accepted into SAQA (Studio Art Quilters Association) juried exhibition of “On the Fringe”.  The piece is traveling to two separate venues, Texas Quilt Museum in La Grange, Texas from June 30, 2016 to September 25, 2016 and Harrington Gallery, Pleasanton, California from March 9, 2017 to April 15, 2017.  After the exhibitions Enso II will return home to a private collection. 
My goal this year is to complete more art and to enter my textile work into juried exhibitions.  My passion is creating art.  I feel most alive when I am working on a piece,  tapping into those creative responses, and making my personal mark.  I am blessed to be able to share my visions through my art with others. 

Enso II with one change ;-)
Can you find the change? Look at the previous blog and compare the photos.  The change is very subtle, yet pulls the composition together with design element color moving the viewers eye around the piece.  I am always amazed how a small detail can change a whole work of art for the better.
Enso II - 36w by 38h, inches
Enso II _ Detail of hand and machine stitches


No comments:

Post a Comment