1. Enso 2, Texas Quilt Museum, SAQA, On the Fringe regional juried group show.
Constructed from hand dyed fabrics, eco printed cottons and silks, painted, machine and hand stitched.
|Enso 2 - detail|
Enso 2, will show again at the Harrington Gallery in northern California, March 2017. Then it goes into a private collection.
2. Oysterville, Washington ~ Then and Now, Visions Gallery, Chandler, Arizona. Art Quilt XX juried selected exhibition and Northwest Quilting Expo, Portland Oregon.
Constructed using cotton fabrics, painted, hand stitched and embellished. Barn painted and stitched, then appliqued onto the map. Artist's rendition of overhead map of the Wallapa Bay in Washington state. Resides in a private collection.
|Machine piecing and layering of Oysterville map|
|Bard-Heim Barn, originally on site in Oysterville|
Constructed with photoshop created print on cotton, free motion machine stitched, and oil painted.
|Moon Over Bourbon Street|
|Moon Over, detail|
4. Enso One, Las Vegas City Hall, juried program for the arts (2015-2016).
Constructed using commercial fabrics, machine appliqued and long arm quilted by professional and good friend, Linda Natale.
5. Dead Horse Canyon, Desert Quilters of Nevada, First Place in Art Quilts, Place category.
Constructed with photoshop digital photo transfer on to canvas, ink penning, oil paint, hand made copper and brass embellishments, free motion machine stitched.
|Dead Horse Canyon ~ construction|
|Dead Horse image|
|Hand crafted embellishment, from drawing to fabrication|
6. Shelia, Visions Gallery, Chandler, Arizona. Juried selected exhibition.
Constructed using twice printed cotton for lizard, hand embroidery on boarders, free motion quilted, machine pieced and appliqued.
7. Spiral, SAQA, Traveling Show
Constructed using original drawing on paper with ink and pen, photoshop rendered, transferred onto cotton, inked to bring up color, machine free motion stitched.
|Spiral detail of stitch|
|Spiral, Original pen and ink on paper work enhanced in Photoshop|
Well that is my year in review. All of these pieces have been featured in previous blog posts. Check around in old posts if you'd like more details. I hoped you enjoyed the year in review pieces as much as I enjoyed the creative processes shown. This year I plan to go bigger and hopefully better.
Follow your dreams; they will take you to places unexpected.