Thursday, January 1, 2015

CSN Juried Student Show ~ Best of Show Painting

  Wow what a wonderful surprise to receive Best of Show in the painting category for "The Darkest Hour" at the Community College of Southern Nevada Annual Juried Student Show.  My family along with good friends joined me in the Opening Reception.  What a wonderful life!

  While paint is a new medium for me, working with oils is rewarding. The play of color and texture created with oil paint encourages exploration and experimentation.  Taking classes continues to provide new challenges and the experience of successes and failures filters into my textile work.

  An other reward is the recognition of my art in a small yet very meaningful community of fellow artists.  Many thanks to the art professors at CSN who inspire and encourage all our efforts.

  Click on photos to see a larger images. 

CSN Opening Reception
The Darkest Hour




No comments:

Post a Comment