She taught controlled painting techniques for creating details and depth. The class used Setacolor fabric paints. A pattern was provided. The success of the piece was largely due to choosing the correct fabric for the desert scene. Batics were used for the mountains and the road.
Once the class project was complete (stitched, painted, quilted), I wanted to change it up a bit. I added a touch of irony by placing something unexpected in the piece, the girl with the hammer. The girl with the hammer, the road runner, and the desert bird were appliqued to the desert scene. The 3-D grass was added last.
Someone said, "she looks quite guilty to me."
|Oops, I Did It Again ~ 2011|